Blood & Water is a South African drama series made by Daryne Joshua and Travis Taute. Over the last three seasons, the show has become one of the most popular in the catalog. Its third season, which just ended a few days ago, ended with a storyline that could be continued.
This has led people to wonder a lot about whether or not the show will be renewed early. So, if you have the same question, you’re in the right place. As a result, we’ve put together a summary of everything you need to know about the series right now. Here’s what we know about Season 4 of Blood & Water.
Renewed Status of Season 4
Blood & Water’s third season hasn’t been officially announced by the network yet. “A Tale of Two Sisters,” the last episode of the third season, was directed by Nosipho Dumisa-Ngoasheng and written by Thati Pele and Mmabatho Montsho. Given that the show’s last episode aired on November 25, 2022, just a few days ago, any news or updates about a possible fourth season seem way too soon.
For a major network to say something so important in such a short amount of time is unusual. So, fans should wait until the network confirms and confirms that this information is correct. We know you can’t wait to find out what happens next in the story, but you should know that the network may look at how well the show is doing and how people like it before renewing it for more seasons. This can take a while.
Blood & Water Season 4 Release Date Speculation
The series hasn’t been officially confirmed by the network, and the likely premiere date hasn’t been announced. The status of the show is neither here nor there. If the show is renewed in a couple of weeks, like the last season, we can guess that the next season might come out in 2023, since that’s how long it took between the last three seasons.
View this post on Instagram
Also, just like other Netflix shows, the episodes can debut at midnight. (PT) or 3:00 a.m. (ET) on the streaming platform. People who want to know when Blood & Water Season 4 will be available on Netflix can also turn on notifications. Fans should keep a close eye on the show’s social media accounts until then to find out any new information.
From the third season, when viewers saw that “A dark new force has entered the lives of our Parkhurst favorites, and their lives will never be the same again,” the show is expected to continue and go deeper into the plot. Love relationships will be put to the test, and some people won’t make it out alive.
As a new year begins at Parkhurst, Puleng and Fiks continue to look for a lost family member, but their persistence could put them in grave danger. On the other hand, the story will keep looking into the corruption that is at the heart of the sex trafficking groups that have caused so much trouble so far.
Blood & Water is a Netflix show about teen crime in South Africa. It was made by Gambit Films for Netflix. The following main cast members are likely to be back for the new season: Khosi Ngema played Fikile Bhele, Thabang Molaba played Karabo “KB” Molapo, Ama Qamata played Puleng Khumalo, Gretel Fincham played Reece van Rensberg, and Arno Greeff played Chris Ackerman.
Tumisho Masha played Harold Grootboom, Gary Joshua played Gabriel, Nasr Ho-Yee played Bruce Kwan, Clint Brink played Reinhard, Thapelo Mokoena played Anthony Gabisa, Gantane Kusch played Lex Tom, and Marco Spaumer played Kyle. All of these actors also appeared in the third season.
View this post on Instagram
• Thabang Molaba as Karabo ‘KB’ Molapo
• Dillon Windvogel as Wade Daniels
• Katishka Kiara as Pauline
• Odwa Gwanya as Siya Khumalo
• Greteli Fincham as Reece van Rensburg
• Arno Greeff as Chris Ackerman
• Mekaila Mathys as Tahira Kahn
• Natasha Thahane as Wendy Dlamini
Blood & Water Season 4 hasn’t said how many episodes it will have yet, but if it gets picked up, we can expect at least 6 to 7 episodes, each of which will be 43 to 53 minutes long, just like the previous seasons. If this is the last season, we’d like to point out that the number of episodes could change depending on the message the show wants to send to its viewers. We ask viewers to be patient and stream the following episodes from the third season:
View this post on Instagram
- Episode 1: “Re-Orientation”: A Cape Town teen meets a private school swimming star at a party and tries to find out if she is her sister, who was taken from her at birth.
- Episode 2: “The Recruit”: A Cape Town teen meets a private school swimming star at a party and tries to find out if she is her sister, who was taken from her at birth.
- Episode 3: Blind Spot: After meeting at a party, a Cape Town teen tries to find out if a private school swimming star is her sister who was taken from her at birth.
- Episode 4: “Out of the Shadows”: A Cape Town teen meets a private school swimming star at a party and tries to find out if she is her sister, who was taken from her at birth.
- Episode 5: Mayfair: After meeting at a party, a Cape Town teen tries to find out if a private school swimming star is her sister who was taken from her at birth.
- A Tale of Two Sisters, Episode 6: After meeting at a party, a teen from Cape Town tries to find out if a private school swimming star is her sister, who was taken away when she was born.
What Can We Expect
In the last episode of the third season, pretty much all loose ends were tied. Puleng jumped ship and got away, Fikile got a liver transplant from her real father and lived to see another day, and Sam was found and reunited with his mother, Janet.
After Lisbeth was caught trying to leave the country and put in jail, the people-trafficking ring planned to close down the cell she ran.
BLOOD & WATER
Nearly two decades after her sister was abducted at birth, Puleng meets a stranger she thinks is her long-lost sibling. To figure out if her hunch is right, she transfers to an elite school to get closer to the girl and investigate pic.twitter.com/EOyWbtHwrM
— Netflix (@netflix) May 23, 2020
But, of course, nothing is ever that simple. In the last few minutes of the episode, the leaders of the operation say that there are more cells all over the city. On one of the computer screens, we also see a picture of Sam asleep.
Sam’s disappearance seems to be about more than meets the eye, so we expect him to play a key role in both being a target of the trafficking ring and bringing it down for good in season four.