By India Today Web Desk: Indian Navy Day 2022: Navy Day is celebrated annually on December 4 to honor the launch of Operation Trident against Pakistan during the 1971 Indo-Pak War.
The Indian Navy is a well-balanced, three-dimensional force capable of protecting our national interests above, on, and below the ocean’s surface. Additionally, it seeks to better its situation in the Indian Ocean Zone.
Indian Navy Day 2022 Date
Navy Day is observed in India on December 4. However, the day is observed on various dates throughout the world.
On the night of December 4-5, 1971, the Indian Navy planned an attack at night because Pakistan lacked night-capable bombardment planes.
75 years of India have truly been awe-inspiring.
A quick look at #India’s maritime history reveals the power that our country has over the Indian Ocean.
To all the men & women who made this possible-
Kudos & Jai Hind 🇮🇳🇮🇳#IndiaAt75 #IndianNavy #Navy #IndiaIndependenceDay pic.twitter.com/1ML5WX91vl
— Indian Navy (@indiannavyfp) August 16, 2022
The attack on the Pakistan Naval Headquarters in Karachi was devastating. The attack was successful in that it sank a minesweeper, a destroyer, and a supply ship for munitions. Navy day is held annually to recognize the success and achievements of the Indian navy force.
Navy Day is commemorated annually with a distinct theme. The theme of Indian Navy Day in 2021 is “Swarnim Vijay Varsh,” which commemorates 50 years since India’s victory in the 1971 Indo-Pakistan war. Last year’s theme was “Combat-Ready, Credible, and Cohesive Indian Navy.
READ MORE: Christmas With You Star Zenzi Williams Personal Life Informations Everything That You Want to Know!
During Navy Week and the days preceding it, a variety of events take place, including an open sea swimming competition, ships being open to visitors and school children, a lunch for veteran sailors, performances by the Naval Symphonic Orchestra, an Indian Navy Inter School Quiz Competition, a Navy Half Marathon, an air display for school children, and the beating retreat and tattoo ceremonies.
Go Navy!! Navy day vibes!! ⚓ ⚓ 🇮🇳 🇮🇳#IndianNavyDay #IndianNavy #navy #praneethfranklin pic.twitter.com/Lq1fpZzCc4
— Praneeth Franklin (@Praneethfrank) December 4, 2021
About The Day
- The East India Company formed the Indian Navy in 1612.
- This year, the Navy aims to honor the 50th anniversary of India’s victory in the 1971 war with the theme Swarnim Vijay Varsh.
- During the Indo-Pakistani war of 1971, the Indian Navy launched a counterattack on the Karachi harbor.
- During this operation, India utilized anti-ship missiles for the first time, destroying the Pakistani destroyer PNS Khaibar.
- The three vessels of the Indian Navy, INS Nipat, INS Nirghat, and INS Veer, played a crucial role in the raid.
READ MORE: The Best Christmas Movies You Must Watch on Disney Plus!
- The President of India serves as its supreme commander.
- The Indian Navy’s motto is “Sam no Varunah,” which translates to “May the God of Water, Varuna, be favorable to us.”
- In 1961, the Indian Navy participated in the liberation of Goa from Portugal, which was one of its initial operations.
- With the construction of the nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine INS Arihant and numerous other ships, the Navy has become an admirable force.
- The Indian Navy currently possesses one aircraft carrier, the 2013-commissioned INS Vikramaditya, which was formerly a Russian vessel.
- It operates Chakra (including the nuclear-powered INS Chakra), Sindhughosh, and Shishumar classes of submarines.
- The Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) 1 INS Vikrant has just begun sea trials in 2021. (one of the last phases of trials).
- Marine Commandos or MARCOS is the Indian Navy’s special forces organization, trained for amphibious combat, counter-terrorism, special reconnaissance, hostage rescue, and asymmetric warfare.
- They were the initial responders to the 26/11 terrorist strikes in Mumbai.
Water warriors🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳#IndianNavyDay pic.twitter.com/cyvipm8IhU
— Krishना (@Cutiekishu) December 4, 2021
What is India’s National Navy Day?
The fourth of December is Indian Navy Day. Indian Navy Day is observed annually on December 4 to honor the accomplishments and contributions of India’s naval services. “Swaraim Vijay Varsh” is the theme for Indian Navy Day 2022, commemorating 50 years after India’s victory in the 1971 Indo-Pakistan conflict
READ MORE: Christmas With You: Release Date, Cast, Plot, and Much More!
When Did Indian Navy Day Begin?
Indian Navy Day is observed annually on December 4 to recognize the contributions and accomplishments of the Indian Naval forces. Also commemorated on this day is the 1971 commencement of Operation Trident against Pakistan during the Indo-Pakistan War.
Who Established Indian Navy Day?
Illustration for Indian Navy Day
Shivaji, the Emperor of the Marathas, is regarded as the “Father of the Indian Navy.” The Indian Navy plays a vital role in defending the country’s maritime borders and boosting India’s international ties through port visits, joint exercises, humanitarian disaster response, etc.
Comments are closed.